Goals, Mission, & Vision: Our Goals
To fulfill the mission, the Sherratt Library has the following core values:
Provide services that lead to academic success.
- Achieve median level of staffing levels compared to peer institutions.
- Add student workers for access services, graphic design and marketing, digitization, technology and collection development.
- Support University goal to encourage scholarly efforts of faculty and students.
- Promote library services
- Encourage employee training and recognize exceptional performance.
Build an outstanding library collection in suitable formats that supports teaching and learning.
- Increase access to print and electronic information
- Increase access to collections (Special Collections, main collection, etc.) through increased hours (see item 1,a,iv).
- Compare percent of budget allocated to electronic vs. print resources as compared to peers
- Expand opportunities to collect and disseminate student and faculty scholarship.
Provide efficient access to accurate and reliable information.
- Employ technological measures to create more intuitive access to information.
- Manage collections through technology.
Educate students, faculty, staff, and the community in developing information literacy skills and in the value of library information resources and services.
- Ensure every student graduates with a mastery of basic information literacy competencies and mastery of information resources in their subject specialties
- Ensure every student in the library media programs acquires a mastery of professional competencies upon completion of degree / endorsement.
- Sponsor conferences and exhibits
Guarantee the preservation of records / artifacts essential to our cultural heritage.
- Expand the University archives
- As the Southern Utah Regional Repository, provide services and materials to our region
- Publish materials through the SUU Press.
- Participate as a regional hub of the Mountain West Digital Library.
- Review and promote improvements in campus records management mechanisms.
Facilities & Equipment
Create a quiet, safe, comfortable environment for our users.
- Expand the physical special collections / university archives area.
- Provide additional mediated group study rooms.
- Update, distribute, and communicate emergency evacuation plan.
- Install flat panel monitors to promote and direct patrons to service points.
- Upgrade electrical sources for laptops and other mobile devices
- Provide learning spaces where patrons can be productive and comfortable
- Maintain and update computer network and equipment.
- Update circulation equipment ( i.e. desensitizers for check in & check out, self-checkout machine ).
Library services and collections are evaluated regularly to insure a superior level of quality.
- Assess library services and collections.
- Assess library personnel.