Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
Use Interlibrary Loan if you've searched the Library Catalog and discover the library doesn't have a book you want, or you've searched the eJournal Finder for a journal that has an article you want and discover the library dosn't have access to that journal. Interlibrary Loan, also referred to as ILLiad, is a free service to SUU students and faculty.
Register for Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad):
- From the library homepage, choose the Research button, then Interlibrary Loan.
- To register for using Interlibrary Loan, click on the First Time Users link and complete the form.
Request Articles and Books from Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad):
From the library homepage, choose the Research button, then Interlibrary Loan, and login with your username and password. From the Main Menu choose from New Request to request an Article, Book, or Book Chapter. From the View menu you can select Outstanding Requests, Electronically Received Articles, and other features.
Interlibrary Loan Menu:
Interlibrary Loan Electronically Received Articles page:
- Before requesting an article, search the eJournal Finder for the journal where your article is located. If the library does not have access to the journal your Interlibrary Loan request will be processed.
- Fill out the Article Request form with the required information then click the Submit Request button.
- An article may take 1-3 days to arrive. You will receive an email alert that the article is available for you to download. Login to ILLiad and click the Electronically Received Articles link to view or download the article.
- Before requesting a book, be sure to search the Library Catalog to make sure the library does not own the book you want.
- Fill out all the Book Request form with the required information then click the Submit Request button.
- Books are sent to the library by mail, so expect 1-2 weeks for arrival. You'll be notified when the book is available for you to pick up at the library.
The following Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) video (2:12 min) describes how to use the Interlibrary Loan service. (Click the CC button on the controller below the video to turn text captions on/off.)